Wednesday 3 February 2010

Kiln Fairies are Good Fairies Today



I pre-fired the mould overnight and wash the 10 mm float glass and placed it in the mould. I wanted to be in my studio when the glass reached its top firing temperature so I could open the kiln and flash vent it to reduce the risk of devitrification, which can occur if the glass is held at a high temperature for too long.
So I set the firing cycle and put on a delay so that I would be back from my print class in Bangor. All worked to plan but as I was going to vent the kiln I realised I had forgot to level the mould. Lucky all worked out well and the kiln fairies worked with me.
I just need to drill it and and display it ready for the exhibition. Have fired a second one just incase anything goes wrong. I will put a final image on when it is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment