Friday 5 February 2010

Final Finished Pieces for 'Inspired By'






After days of snow or rain I finally had a dry day suitable for cutting my slate. I didn't want to do it indoors as it always makes such a mess and I usually get soaked in the process with the tile saw.
This was the last component I needed to prepare to put my art pieces together, having spent a few days painting my MDF board white and rubbing it down in between layers.
Drilling the holes in the glass proved to be tricky and nerve racking as one of my drill bits wore out after making my first hole. But managed to find a drill bit that I used to drill some holes in some porcelain tiles last year and that saved the day.
So all I needed to do was assemble everything together and that wouldn't take long. Wrong! Every screwdriver or drill piece didn't fit the dimension of the fixings and after a hour search for one that I knew would fit I decided it would be quicker to buy another one than search anymore. But finally all now put together eventually and ready for submission on monday. Just the paperwork to finish! Keeping my fingers crossed that it is excepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment