Wednesday 10 February 2010

Collagraphs


I have been working on a couple of new collagraphs at Seacourt over the last few weeks. I have been working on a two plate collagraph using two colours of ink which when laid on top of each other gives a third colour mix. I have been using a similar image to the thistle I did but using a second plate with a lot of texture on it. This together with using yellow ink gives the effect of gorse. The yellow plate is placed on the press first and rolled through and then the second plate which is blue is placed on top of the first print and rolled through. I have then taken what is known as a shadow print (second plate plus any ink that has transfered onto the plate from the first plate) This gives a much softer print which I really like. Will add an image of the shadow print when I have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment