Saturday 16 January 2010

Visit To Ulster Museum





I've been thinking of submitting something for the 'Inspired By' exhibition that is opening in the Space Craft gallery in February. So I decided to go and have a look at the newly reopened Museum. I had visited the museum about 6 years ago when on a flying visit to Belfast for a family gathering in Armagh. What a change, they have basically gutted the whole building just keeping the historic facade of the building and built a modern interior.
They have a two floors dedicated to art which includes applied arts with a fantastic collection of cut crystal Irish glass and contemporary glass from around Europe. I've posted some of my favourites including work by Peter Dreiser and Colin Reid. I was a bit disappointed that most of the top floor had been given over to an exhibition on Sean Scully's work which all seemed too much of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment