Saturday 30 January 2010

Back to Seacourt Print Workshop

I started back at Seacourt print workshop in Bangor this week. I am the only one that has signed up to this course so Cathy the tutor has agreed for me to work along side her while she gets on with her own work.
Merv another artist was there and it was good to watch how he applied two or three colours to the collograph plate and then rub back to get different gradations of colour on the same plate. You get a far better understanding by watching somebody that trying to learn by reading a text book.

I managed to print off four more collograph prints of my thistle and learnt how to apply the ink better, how to blend in any areas that were left white and a better way of centering the paper on the press. So a good mornings work.

Cathy wants me to do a two layer collograph next week were you ink up both plates at the same time in different colours and then put them through the with press one on top of the other. So some homework for this week.

I also want to make a test piece by putting different materials on the mount board and seeing what effect the achieve when inked and printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment