Friday 13 April 2012

Productive week

After weeks of being in the creative doldrums, I've finally got some inspiration this week.

It started with making a small test piece for an up & coming & quickly approaching exhibition that I'm taking part in next month at SpaceCRAFT in Belfast.

Once my glass cutter got started it was if it had a mind of its own! And ideas and work started flooding out.

The first is based on getting back to nature after a fantastic walk on the beach. Standing there thinking about what is under the beautiful blue sea along the North Antrim Coastline here in Northern Ireland.




The others are loosely based around the Glens and mountains. Abstracting them like a textile artist would interpret them but instead of using materials and threads using layers of glass



Before firing




After firing

I am going to slump this piece over a double curved mould to make it free standing.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment