Sunday 28 March 2010

Karl Harren

I went to see the studio of Karl Harren another glass artist that is based in Northern Ireland on Tuesday. He makes the most amazing glass vessels with Bullseye glass that look more like ceramic than glass and has more than twenty years of experience working with glass. It was interesting to see what equipment he has and how he had adapted a potters wheel into a flat bed grinder something that I had thought might work before but seeing one that had been adapted was great.

He also hires out the use of his equipment and kiln which is fantastic so if I needed to do bigger pieces than I can fit in my own kiln I have somewhere to go. He also showed me some new work he has been working on and a lot of samples. Its so nice to talk to somebody that works with the same medium but in another way. This is the link to his site http://www.theglasstudioireland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment